Why are you using isohunt?

Moderator: Moderators

Why are you using isohunt?

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:57 am

Hey everyone!

You would help our website a lot by answering these simple questions.

You see, we are trying to find new ways to make our website better, we worked hard for the past years making improvements and new features. Right now we are thinking on where to go next and we want to know where you want to go. Because we are making it for you. Do you want to go with us? You have other plans?

We made a list of questions that will help us to understand what you want, what you use and how. It'll be a lot of help if you will answer these questions.

Thank you for staying with us!

Torrent questions:

1. What are the most important features for the torrent site to make you satisfied?

2. Which services do you also use in conjunction with torrents?

3. What do you like the best about torrents?

4. What do you dislike about torrents?

Questions about streaming:

5. Do you use any online streaming websites? List them below if you do.

6. Which device(s) do you use to watch video content?

7. Imagine there would be the best online service for video content. What would it be like?

Cloud services:

8. Which cloud storage services do you use?

9. What do cloud storage services you use lack?

Other:

10. Add anything you think is necessary.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why are you using isohunt?

Postby fv098 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:16 am

Torrent questions:

1. What are the most important features for the torrent site to make you satisfied?
Easy and clear search results and simple navigation around the website. Involvement in the community & clear user feedback on torrents.

None.

The availability of content and the speedy downloads.

How easy it is to upload fake content and/or content with malware/spyware.

5. Do you use any online streaming websites? List them below if you do.
Netflix, PutLocker.

Desktop PC.

7. Imagine there would be the best online service for video content. What would it be like?
Fast streaming, HD Content, No Ads, Easy Navigation.

Cloud services:

Mega.

None.
fv098
Moderator of isohunt.to
Got a question? Click the link below to PM me.
http://forum.isohunt.to/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=7042
fv098
Site Moderator

Postby Admin » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:01 am

Thank you, fv098! Your answers really help!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kokopelli » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:44 am

I am very much in agreement with user fv098, and have taken the liberty of using many of their answers, some modified with my own thoughts. Here goes:

Torrent questions:

Easy and clear search results and simple navigation around the website. Involvement in the community & clear user feedback on torrents. Reliability (your always being there), seriousness of the site admins, i.e. your making sure everything works, answering queries via the contact form and not ignoring them and in general applying yourselves toward the site running flawlessly (as long as the bastards in the MPAA et al let you be).

Only µTorrent (I am a Swede after all;)

The availability of content and the speedy downloads. When downloading, I always think with gratitude of Bram Cohen who I believe invented the bittorent protocol. I have been dowloading music files since 1998 (first one: Madonna - Ray of Light/Twilo mix) and it was an iffy proposition back the to download files; you had to get the whole thing in one go (via ftp) or else start anew. Then GetRight came along, then Cohen and bittorent, and I am living testimony to what a great invention that was. It ended the uncertainty in a way people new to peer-to-peer networks can not appreciate.

How easy it is to upload fake content and/or content with malware/spyware. Not a big problem according to me. See answer 3. about how it was in 'the bad old days' - this is a minor irritation and not common. A dead giveaway when it comes to MPAA dummy files is their incredibly high number of seeders/leechers.

5. No.

The KMPlayer. Occasionally VLC.

No opinion.

Cloud services:

None.

If I had used them - the moral integrity to not kowtow to the anti-piracy lobby. As it is, any mediafiles I have attepted to store/share (IDrive, Dropbox) have been categorically removed vithout them even considering the possibility of my having bought a CD, ripped it and wanting to share it with friends - fair usage.
Kokopelli

Return to Isohunt.to news